Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The mere mention of the word suicide evokes a strong response in me. I try really hard not to overreact when the kids make a "suicide" at the soda fountain or when they jokingly mention killing oneself(they dont do this so much anymore, i react too strongly). Its hard for me to fathom losing anyone else to this horrible tragedy.

Its the club that no one wants to join and those of us in the club wouldnt wish the pain on anyone. When i hear though of someone losing their mother, I react and I feel their pain in a way. Losing my own mother etched that compassion response in me. When I hear of another child losing their mother to suicide as I did 23 yrs ago-- its almost too much to bear. I know that pain so intimately.

Tonite that pain resurfaced as I learned that one of my sons friends is struggling with this very thing. It makes my heart ache for the little boy, that he must struggle thru this. Im storming the gates of heaven for this kid ...

God is still good even amidst trials and tribulations
MJ

3 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am sorry- that is hard stuff! prayers for you and the little boy.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Living My Dream said…

    That is so hard! I am sorry that you are having to feel the pain again! It's been 3 years since Kevin committed suicide! It wasn't as horrible this year, but it is never easy to deal with! Thinking good thoughts for you!

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    It makes me so sad and heartbroken too. I'll be keeping your son's friend in my prayers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home