Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Chicago

Just the word makes my stomach churn ... not sure exactly why other than I have my heart set on small town living here in Minnesota.

Someone from the fed in chicago called today wanting to give Andrew an update on the job he applied for there back in january. We dont know what is going on, whether theywant to interview the week he is there teaching, or that thejob has been filled or that they are just starting the interview process. All I do know is I dont really want to go there or even a suburb. Maybe Ijust havent found the right town, or maybe its the fear of the unknown, but I dont wanna go.

But ... that being said, if God says to go to Ninivah, i mean Chicago, we go. I know that no matter where i live God is at my side. I had really though felt like we were led to stay here in minnesota. So I dont know if this is one big distraction or if its the reason our house sale is delayed.

Andrew didnt call back until the person was out of the office, so we just have to wait to see what she wanted.

Not exactly sure i want to be swallowed by a whale but then again it might be quieter in there!~

2 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Claudia said…

    This is going to be a long comment, but your post reminded me of this song that has been a big part of my thinking about transitions. It's by Avalon.

    You changed my world
    When You came to me.
    You drove a passion,
    In my soul down deep,
    Lord, to follow You in everything.

    I don't want to go somewhere
    If I know that You're not there,
    'Cause I know that me without You is a lie.
    And I don't want to walk that road,
    Be a million miles from home,
    Cause my heart needs to be where You are.
    So I don't want to go.

    So come whatever,
    (Whatever may come)
    I'll stick with You.
    (Right by Your side)
    I'll walk You'll lead me,
    Call me crazy or a fool,
    For forever I promise You...

    That I don't want to go somewhere
    If I know that You're not there,
    'Cause I know that me without You is a lie.
    And I don't want to walk that road,
    Be a million miles from home,
    Cause my heart needs to be where You are.
    So I don't want to go
    Without Your touch,
    Without Your love
    Filling me like an ocean.
    For Your grace is enough,
    Enough for me.

    Never want to go somewhere
    If I know that You're not there.
    No, no, no, no.

    I don't want to go somewhere
    If I know that You're not there,
    'Cause I know that me without You is a lie.
    And I don't want to walk that road,
    Be a million miles from home,
    Cause my heart needs to be right where You are.
    So I don't want to go. No, no.
    Oh.
    Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
    Without Your touch,
    Without Your love
    Filling me like an ocean.
    Your grace is enough,
    I don't want to go.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Thanks Claudia ... i like that song too! I just need to figure out where God wants us :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home