Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Valentine

I fell in love with my valentine over 15 yrs ago now.
He came into the place where i worked quite often for meals. While I cant quite explain it , I was drawn to him. One of the things I noticed was his outward declaration of faith-- he was always talking bout Jesus.

There are many things I love bout him.
  • His commitment to me. We may fight, argue or whatever but hes always been there for me
  • His gentle spirit underneath his gruff exterior. God made a grizzly bear with a heart of gold.
  • The way he makes me laugh and insists I smiled at him differently than all the other "regular" customers.
  • The way he answers my question,"why do you love me" over and over even though hes annoyed :)
  • The little things like playing solitaire showdown even when he doesn't want to, going out late at night to get something for me, giving me a foot rub when hes just as tired as I am.
  • Calling me at least once a day to see how I'm doing or to tell me some interesting fact he heard that morning
  • The fact he works hard to provide for us yet makes sure he is home for supper.
  • The way he actively works to keep his eyes only for me
  • His creativity and crazy ideas
  • The way he puts up with all my idiosyncrasies and loves me anyway.
  • The way he enjoys spending time with me and is genuinely sad when we cant.
  • His surprises from a surprise birthday party to unexpected flowers to a special note.
  • The way he remembers that the salad bowl was a rummage sale find and the ability to laugh over our iced tea story.
  • I love him just for being him ... my honeybear!

Happy Valentines Day Bear ... here's to 14+ more!

MJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home