Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Back to 11

Andrew and the two boys made it home safely last night. And I cant tell you how relieved I was to have my husband back home. Didnt miss the boys nearly as much, but its good to be all back together again. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I was also able to share with Andrew our current struggles with Gideon and his health. That allowed me to release the heavy burden of being the one to know this knowledge. I had shared with other friends to pray, but it wasnt the same as sharing with my husband. We cried and talked and prayed.

I dont know what Gods going to do. I dont know if he will heal him completely, I dont know if he will cause his head to grow and his brain to develop properly, i dont know if he will just give us grace and stamina to weather this trial, or some other thing. I do know this, whatever way he helps us thru this crisis,it will give him the glory and I praise him in the midst of the trial.

It is hard now though. Its starting to feel like a year of trials. Last year felt like the year of blessing and I dont know if thats how God works. But with the troubles in the pregnancy, Gideons really rough birth, his hospital stays, my diagnosis of lupus and now more health struggles for our little man, it just feels like a year of trial. I really have found myself resting in the fact that God doesnt change, not yesterday, not today nor tommorrow. And that ever constant presence is what gets me thru times like this. I know that no matter what chaos, or struggles or trials go on down here;God is not shaken nor thrown off his throne...ever.

Yesterday all of it felt unsurmountable but today I feel like I can cope with Gods help. I think it really helps having my husband back home and being able to face this together. Does this mean i wont struggle with it all again? Nope its going to be a day by day thing , even hour by hour at times.

Yet I want to praise God for his goodness, for his grace, for the blessings he has given me

God is good ... all the time. He put this song of praise in this heart of mine.

MJ

2 Comments:

  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Margo said…

    Marie,

    I'm sorry to hear about Gideon's health issues. You guys wil be in my prayers..

    Margo

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Thanks Margo... The more people storming the gates for our dear Gideon the better :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home