Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Friday, August 28, 2009

What about personal responsiblity?

I was listening to the radio this morning as they were discussing making potential changes in regulations and laws for mortgages. It got me thinking, do we really need more regulation or is it that we need more responsiblity?

I have no doubt there were indeed predatory lenders that operated and helped feed this mortgage crisis. But does the buck stop there? What of our own personal responsiblity to read what we sign and ask questions if we dont understand?

Should we have stopped companies from offering adjustable rates? I really dont think so. Our country is based on principals of capitalism and the free market model.

I honestly think a lot of the crisis was based on our society's culture of wanting more and more and more. Im guilty of that myself at times. Wanting somthing right now and reaching to put it on credit when I really should want for cash in hand.

Hmm some pondering thoughts this morning, i guess.

God is good ... all the time
MJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home