Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Free speech as it was intended

Katarina, Josiah, Nathaniel and Elijah have decided to show their feelings regarding the budget cuts the principle is planning to make. He is cutting a classroom teacher and keeping an assistent principle, I still can not figure out how he justifies that one. Anyway, they have made tshirts that say save mr pham, or teachers rock, pham rules etc to show their support for him. I dont think it make a difference but they are making their voices known.

And i think this is how free speech was intended to work. I have warned them all to be respectul and non disruptive. I dont believe the principal can make them not wear them unless he bans all tshirts with words.

Should be an interesting day!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    Ooh let us know how it goes!

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I never get that. They want to make cuts in education, but why cut teachers? There's a lot of administrative waste that can be cut. I hope all goes well.

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger HikingStick said…

    Why cut teachers, especially when most of schools of similar size and demographic composition in our area don't keep an assistant principal. Heck, when I was a kid my k-8 school's principal also taught grades 7-8!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home