Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Change in perspective

Sometimes its amazing what God uses to get our attention and how one phone call and can change the filter you view the world thru.

Andrew had an mri last week, they did a quick cat scan of the eyes, just to rule out any potential metal in the eyes, since his past history was working some with metal. The mri of the ankle was okay, justa floating piece of bone but it was the cat scan that got our attention. His doctor called last night to let him know the radiologist spotted osmething on the cat scan, that he didnt think was an issue but is taking the better safe than sorry approach.

It appears my dear husband is indeed brain damaged, as I have always said he was :) He has a hole in the base of his skull with some change in bone density there as well. Best case scenario, something benign caused the loss of bone and is no biggie, worst case, bone cancer. Im trying really hard not to borrow trouble but somtimes with situations like this its like trying to stop a downhill rollar coaster.

I do know this without a doubt, no matter what happens, God is with us and has us in the palm of his hand. It might be hard, it might not be the outcome we desire , no matter, God is in it with us.

I cannot imagine living my life without my husband in it, I know someday that very well maybe a possiblity. I just hope God doesnt take him back sooner than we anticipated. The thing thats hard to remember, when you love someone so much, is they dont belong to you, in reality, they are Gods child. He and he alone can call them home at will.

Im going to end my pondering, with this verse, it has always been my favorite.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways adknowledge him and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6

2 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    It's very hard to remember that the ones you love are not your own. I'm constantly having to remind myself that my husband and my precious children belong to God, not me.

    "Be careful for nothing: but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." -Phillipians 4:6-7

    I'll be praying for you both.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Yikes!!! Praying for your hubby. Keep us updated.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home