Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Homecoming

Andrew comes home tonight and I am beyond excited and more than ready to have him back on home soil. I think he's ready to be home too!

what's kinda funny is this morning Katarina asked me if she could go to homecoming. I'm like the dance? She said no the football game. Its just another one of those markers that indicate she is growing up and becoming a young lady.

I remember my first homecoming dance my freshman year. I remember distinctly the skirt I had picked out and wore and more disticnt the fact no one asked me to dance. Looking back now and realizing how hungry I was for affection, its probably a good thing that I didn't have many boyfriends. Could have gotten me into a world of trouble, God was watching out for me even then when I didn't have a personal relantionship with him.

Today is filled with errands and getting the house in order for AJ to come home. I woke up with a sore throat and the beginnings of a cold... not good. It makes a little harder to deal with pregnant, since I cant take the normal over the counter cold meds I usually take to function easier. Hopefully it wont last long!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger The Knitter said…

    Are you sure that you went Freshman year? I remember us having a party at my house...I went starting sophomore year...

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Yes we both wore jean skirts ... i could have sworn it was freshman versus sophmore, but you might be right.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger The Knitter said…

    Nope, it was Sophomore. That was the Jacob homecoming (well, mine at least. Your Jacob homecoming was senior year. :) ) Freshman year we didn't go because my mom told me that you couldn't go unless you had a date...we later found out this was outdated information. We had a party at my house instead. I remember we walked to Speedway or EZ Stop and got snacks.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger The Knitter said…

    Damn my memory is good!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home