Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The fun never ends

The MRI went well, I could definitely feel all of the prayers. The worst part was the waiting for them to start with a hungry fussy baby boy. He really was a champ though, not a lot of screaming as long as i walked the hall with him. They took him back around 1015 am and came and got me around 120 pm.

It was a long time, but that time was a bit easier as I lost myself in a book I was reading or some tv program that was on. They didnt get started on the actual MRI's until closer to 11;the blood draw didnt go so well. Eventually they got the bloodwork needed and proceeded the imaging.

What I found most interesting is that the estimated time for a brain scan is only 30 minutes while an extremity(arm,leg, foot or hand) takes an estimated hour and 15 min. So the leg and foot scan took the bulk of the time. Towards the end, they decided to use contrast dye and they did image both feet and legs to compare the abnormal with the normal one.

When I got back to him, he was definitely hungry! He nursed well and then fell asleep. Woke up just as we left , enough to puke all over my shirt. Thanks for praying, I really appreciate that.

I was somewhat surprised though to get a call from his family practice doc tonite. That chest xray that we thought clear --- not so, when the hospital read it, they saw subtle signs of pneumonia. Doc said with his other symptoms , she was going to go ahead and treat him. I am never more thankful that God was with me today. That pneumonia could have caused complications with the anethesia! But God was watching out for our little mighty warrior.

So hes doing well tonite, a bit out of sorts, but eating nomrally.

God is good ... all the time!
MJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home