Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Operation Embarrass Katarina

My baby girl is 14 yrs old today. I must say I certainely dont "feel" old enough to have a 14 yr old daughter. It is a complete joy to see her mature into a young woman. She still wants to hang out wiht her mother now and then, so I love that too!

She though now is at the age where singing her happy birthday anywhere in public, completely embarrasses her. Her father managed to sing to her at church yesterday, a day early. Josiah is planning on telling the bus driver and kids at school. Poor girl doesnt stand a chance! My plans, well they are a bit more nefarious. She seemed positvely appalled at the idea, which just fuels me even more! Im making a sign and putting it on the corner, saying Happy 14th Birthday Katarina! We live on one of the main roads in town next to the main gas station, so well it will get some press.

Feel free to call and sing to her over the phone and stop in tonite and sing ... She will love it (read be completely embarrassed).

God is good ... all the time

MJ

Ps I did offer to skip her birthday, maybe next year she will take me up on it lol!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Happy Birthday Katarina!!

    (And I know what you mean...how can I be old enough to have an nineteen year old?) :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home