Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Resounding theme

Its like a trumpet call to my heart-- God reassuring me he loves me no matter what shortcomings I present in life. Im amazed at how clearly his voice is coming thru when I feel all alone. Praise God for his comfort!

I really am enjoying reading the Bible. Thats a scary sentence for me to type. i never have ever in my life enjoyed reading the Bible. I love to read -- fiction that is. And I know the Bible is nonfiction and I really havent enjoyed nonfiction at all. So maybe it was some sort of mental block, Im not really sure. I think also its nice having it in a chronological story format and a already defined amount of reading for each day.

One of the things that caught my attention in the latest readings was the plagues of Egypt. One of the first plagues was the killing of the livestock. Then its mentioned later on during the plague of boiils and hail that it affected the animals as well. Then in the last plague for sure it mentions the firstborn of the livestock as well. Did they get more? Did God only kill part of them? Makes me wonder. Thankfully not doubting just more curious in how that worked.

God is good ... all the time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home