Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Its amazing

I just sit in awe and watch Gideon as he explores. I love seeing him crawl now and he is choosing to crawl more often than his previous inchworm technique. Still not very fast thankfully!

Last night, twice in a row, he pulled himself up to standing using andrews legs as his grabbing holds all by himself! I am constantly amazed at his progress.

Gideon is nearly 20 lbs now and over 30 inches but skinny as a rail. So he looks like a little guy even at 10.5 months old. He really is a joy to our family!

A little bit nervous this afternoon. The adjustor for the subcontractors insurance company is coming at 3 pm. Follow that? Im sure its clear as mud. The city subcontracts out the maintenence of the lift station to people services. People services use EMC as their insurance from nebraska. They in turn assigned a local adjustor from minnesota. Thats the lady that is coming out today. Not entirely sure the reasons for being so nervous, after all God still is in control . I guess it feels a little bit like they hold a bit of our life in thier hands. Whether or not they come thru on a reasonable settlement determines whether or not our house gets back to the condition it was in before this flood.

I really hope they are reasonable in their offers. Im not sure how much fight I have in me to fight for that kind of thing if they lowball the offer.

I really have been working on trying to be thankful for what we have. That the kids are okay, that we have our upstairs to live in, that we have each other and God. I do find it harder to be content with less space when we have had more. So its a bit of a struggle.

God is still good .. all the time

MJ

2 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Marie,
    I just found your blog! It's great!

    Amy

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Woohoo you found me! I checked and marked your blog as well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home