Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Why God gave us toddlers and teenagers

I really think he created those stages in life in order to bring us back to him. When do we tend to rely most on God? When we are struggling to make ends meet, when we are at our wits end, when we dont know what else to do.

When my 12 yr old preteen is as full of attitude as violet is full of blueberries in charlie and the choclate factory, I have nowhere else to turn but to God. When my 2 yr screams at the top of his lungs in the middle of a very full doctors waiting room, where else can i turn?

Sure I could turn to drugs or alchol but that wont change the behavoirs that brought you to that point in the first place. Seems pointless to me to go that route.

Babies generally are fairly easy and cuddley and sweet and then they turn into toddlers or in other words monsters :) Sure they have their sweet moments and love to hug and kiss but man those temper tantrums sure make up for the rest.

In between, seems fairly straight forward most of the time, at least with disclipline and guidance.

And the preteen who has suddenly turned from this sweet compliant girl to this attitude laden, lying girl who I dont seem to know.

And during this time, when i find myself with that preteen and that toddler both, I find myself praying a lot, calling out to God. Whereas previously i was fairly confident in my parenting, I am shaken to the core and not sure where else to turn but to God. And for that Im thankful, that he gave us these stages to remind us of where we should have been all along, in his everlasting arms.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    *hehe* I agree with Angi! At least you know where to turn when the times get trying.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Notes from the Trenches said…

    Thanks for delurking and leaving me a comment. It is nice to "meet" some of the people who are reading.

    I am so not looking forward to the teenage years. So I will plug my ears and say, "La la la, I can't hear you!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home