Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Calgon Take me Away

There are days when I wish those words were true. That you could just wish on a bubble bath and me taken away for awhile. Days like this where Im tired, no rest in site and a ton of work sitting before me. Im sure, this too will pass, but for now Im a tad bit grumpy.

A coworker of mine mentioned that she spends 20 dollars a week on groceries and does 1 load of laundry a week. This, compared to my 20 loads of laundry a week and 100 dollars a week on groceries seemed miraculous. I found myself wishing for those kinds of costs and amounts of work. What dawned on me shortly after though was that shes alone. She lives by herself and I wouldnt want that even for 1 load of laundry a week. yes its a lot of work somtimes living with this crew but I'm rarely ever alone unless I want to be. That is a blessing in itself.

Well, laundry is calling my name and a million other projects and if i sit sleep will over take me. With 5 kids age 5 and under here today, not a good plan.

MJ

2 Comments:

  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger HikingStick said…

    The fact that we have been getting by on $100 a week for food (sometimes more) is miraculous in and of itself.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I hear you- I have a bed full of laundry right now that needs to be folded and put away! thanks for your comments on my blog. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home