Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Catching up

Last week we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary on May 1st. In some ways it feels like we have been together forever and in others just yesterday that we walked down that aisle. We have our moments :), but I really do enjoy being married to my sweetheart.

He picked up a card for the kids to give to me, picked up a really sweet thoughtful card(and he wrote 15 things in it) and got me a water bottle for my bike. He also took thurs and friday off to celebrate, so we had lots of time together. On our actual anniversary... where did we end up , well walmart and menards of course. I love it that we recognize that sometimes practical wins out over romantic. We just had Gideon that day, since my friend watched the other two for me. So that was nice, and we checked out a mexican restaurant for lunch that was really yummy.

Only 35 more years to go til our 50th lol! We are counting down and will plan a big celebration when we hit that mark!

We also did some rummage saling that day and found a really good deal on a riding lawnmower. So I joked that i bought andrew a riding lawnmower for our anniversary.

I did manage to farm the kids out for the weekend(thank you to all of you that helped out). So it really was nice to just spend some time together. We went to a late night movie(ironman), we rummaged saled, we took a bike ride, watched a movie at home and had some nice meals. We commented more than once how quiet it was in our home. The kids all seemed to have a really good time and the littles were certainely glad to be home.

Im so thankful for my wonderful husband who puts up with me each and every day. I love just being with him.

God is good ... all the time!

MJ

1 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Happy belated anniversary! We celebrated our 17th on April 6th and practical always outweighs romatantic for us as well! LOL I've always said we are working towards our 75th anniversary so only 58 more for us! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home