Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

I escaped last night

from the institution ... ha ha ha! Okay not really. A friend of mine, who lives down the street had her baby this week and I got to visit her in the hospital sans kids.

Completely, totally, without kids not even my tagalong, my 4 month old baby. Of course she did not cooperate with the plan and take the expressed bottle at all. It was lovely despite dear hubby having a rough night, I dont feel one bit guilty. I needed that 2 hour break away from the chaos, the fights, the demands of infant care.

I do feel bad that dh had a rough time with the kids . I guess he couldnt find the duct tape.

Todays adgenda includes snuggling with a baby girl, roping a strong willed toddler and keeping the mischief out of the eyes of a 5 yr old.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    I have come to the conclusion that if we don't take time out for ourselves once in a while that we will self destruct. Without small breaks from our families we will turn into Ms. Hanigans and go around chanting "Little kids, little kids, everywhere we look - we can SEE them..." Husbands, that would NOT be a pretty sight. Thankfully we married wonderful men who realize how much we need this break and allow us to enjoy ourselves while they suffer for a short while! Hopefully you came back with a better frame of mind and a little more energy from spending time with a friend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home