Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Friday, December 29, 2006

A sense of peace

A lot has changed in 12 years, I remember the last time I was facing abnormal test results in a pregnancy. There was a lot fear, anxiety and worry and the extra testing accentuated it. I remember being anxious for that leval 2 ultrasound to get there, and even after they found nothing, the doctors muddying the waters with the "what ifs". Today Josiah is a vibrant healthy young man with a perfect spine.

I know it doesnt always turn out that nothing is wrong, there are plenty of special needs children in the world. But what I cannot explain fully, is this sense of peace God has given me. I dont feel worried, scared, anxious or anything like that knowing that the ultrasound is likely to be in the next two weeks or so. Im not in a hurry for it to get here or for answers or any of that. Its strange being in a different place, a welcome place for sure, but different.

I know , that without a shadow of doubt, that whatever is or isnt wrong with this child, is exactly what God intended for our family. I know that I can trust that he will give us only what he deems for us . What a blessing God has given me in this peace that passes all understanding!

God is good ... all the time!
MJ

1 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Angi said…

    That perfect peace is the greatest gift from God at times like these. Like my SIL told me about dealing with some tough stuff, "you just do it, the grace you need is just there."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home