Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

God is still good...

Yesterday I got the results from the ultrasound and there were some abnormal results. It could indicate a serious chromosome problem or it could be nothing at all, since the measurement was borderline in its indication. Doc is recommending a leval 2 ultrasound, coupled with a visit to the perinatologist.

No matter what this is the child God has given to us and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that whatever comes our way will not be more than we can handle. So given that, I wasnt even sure I wanted any further testing.

The last time we went thru abnormal results with Josiah's pregnancy, all the extra testing and appts just increased the stress and worry. They were worried he might have spina bifida and he was born with the most perfect spine. Praise God for his blessings.

But Im not the only one in this pregnancy so to speak, so hubby and I spent some time talking thru what options and tests we want or not want done. Both of us agree we dont want the amnio, which really is the only definitive test that could tell us for sure what we are dealing with. Mainly, because .5 % of a risk of miscarriage is too high for us. Sure its a small percentage, but im not willing to take that risk.

The end result, we are going to do the leval 2 ultrasound with the visit with the perinatologist, but also make it clear that I dont want a lot of "what ifs" floating around in my head. We want to be prepared but there is something to be said with waiting on God as well.

I must say while I was sad last night, this morning brings a renewed sense of peace. I know that I reside in Gods hand, and honestly there is no other place I want to be.

God is good ... all the time
MJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home