Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ostrichs

It really is starting to feel like an ostrich day today. I really wish I was one, I need to put my head in the sand for awhile.

I discovered what looks to be a good sized hernia(in addition to his umblical one) on Gideon. I have the doctor squeezing him in at 240 today. It all just makes me want to cry. I know generally hernias arent that big of a deal but on top of all the other medical concerns with have with him, it feels like a 10 tons added on.

While I'm nowhere near as righteous as Job was, I wonder if he felt the same way. As God allowed the continual testing of his faith, I wonder if he just felt heavier and heavier weights upon his shoulder. Or did he just let Jesus carry the weight, I don't really know. I will admit to thinking , um didnt Job have to be righteous first before God allowed the testing??

I realize in the course of today's discovery, it really doesn't compare to losing your home, your livelihood, your child and having painful sores upon your body. This though is what I'm dealing with now, and I know that its only with Gods help, that I'M not at the breaking point already.

A friend commented today, that having 9 kids earns me a PHD in parenting(too bad they really don't give degrees for that lol). I thought well yeah, but Gideon is a whole dissertation himself. And boy does it feel hard. Part of me thinks, I didn't sign up for this course of study. Remember, I signed up for basket weaving 009 instead i got advanced trigonometry's and calculus 009.

Im going to choose to remember though, that God is in control, he isnt shaken, he isnt knocked off his throne and that no matter what goes on down here that causes me to put my head in teh sand, HE STILL REIGNS!!!

God is good ... all the time!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    It was because of Job's righteousness that God allowed Satan access to him. But even Job said that he wished the day he was born never existed.

    It reminds me of something I've been known to say. "God never gives more than I can handle, but He sure does think i can handle a lot!"

    Hugs and prayers to you, sweetie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home