Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Random musings

Im taking Gideon in this morning for another weight check. Im really concerned with how skinny he is, there is zero fat anywhere on his body and all of his bones can be felt. If he hasnt lost any weight, that will be a good thing but Im somehow doubting that.

With this concern comes the thought process of what we will have to do to get him to gain weight. I really dont want to supplement with formula. I know I grew up on it and turned out fairly okay but its a personal preference for me. I havent given any of the kids formula yet and Id like to keep it that way. That being said, if that is what I have to do to keep him healthy and growing, I'll do it. and this isnt a diatribe against anyone who chooses formula, I think the mommy wars that people do over this kind of thing are ridiculous. There is room for different choices in this matter. But for me, its important to me to nurse them.

Today, Im ezekiel's best friend. Anytime I do somthing he likes, I instantly become his best friend. Of course I lose that status fairly quickly when hes made to obey or do chores. The event that prompted such a declaration was annoucing he could go to the docs office with me this morning to weigh Gideon. Didnt really tell him that he didnt have a choice lol, all the big kids are in school.

Zemirah decided also this morning to display her full fledged stubborness. She was coloring this morning and threw her paper on the floor. So in the spirit of training the child to not drop things where they lay, I told her to pick it up. The looks and fierceness of her determination were kinda scary. Not even some correction was budging miss stubborn. It took a removal from the sitution, aka being put in the crib without her sucky, to change her mind. Even then it took another minute or two before she finally picked it up. All this mutiny over a stinking piece of paper!

Ezekiel is pretty good about playing by himself, he has a great imagation. Much to his chagrin, his sister often gets in his way. Sometimes they play well together, she is his complete mimic but other times she frustrates his greatly by taking whatever he was playing with.

Well thats all for now folks, God is indeed good ... all the time!

MJ

1 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Wow, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has some little ones that can be really stubborn! lol

    I'll be praying for Gideon's weight and the nursing situation. Hopefully you won't have to (I feel the same way about nursing, and agree that everyone has to make that choice depending on their situation, feelings, etc) but if you do, you've still done great and maybe it would only be in addition to nursing and not replacing it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home