Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

sleep woes

For the last couple of weeks, Gideon has taken to waking up several times a night.

Somtimes I might get to early morning before he cries but lately its been 3-4 times a night. To say Im tired is a bit of an understatment.

Im not sure exactly why, Im guessing a number of factors such as teeth coming in, more people sleeping in his room and so on. I cant really let him cry long, since a number of his siblings share that room right now. I hope this restoration of our basement gets going soon!

Off to therapy already around 9 this morning, so no opportunity for naps. Maybe when i get home though. MJ

3 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I'm having the same problem with my daughter. I can't believe this is the same girl that practically slept all night at 1 month, and now wakes up over and over through the night.

    I keep telling myself that this, too, shall pass and someday she'll be sleeping like her big sisters, 10 hours straight all night.

    And then I remember that I want more children. Sighhh....

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Sleep issues are my worst nightmare (pun intended). I think it's hard when there is a lot of change going on and when they are meeting new milestones. The older they get the harder it is to listen to them cry!
    I hope Ezekiel and Zemirah were bearable this afternoon after such short cat naps.

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Wendy -- I too am trying to remember that the tough stuff wont stay forever

    Amy - the kids were fine, in fact raring to go. I on the other hand was literally wiped out. So i cuddled up Gideon and put on a movie for the other two!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home