Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tears of frustration

Sunday will mark 3 full weeks since the sewer flood happened. And we still have not even begun restoration yet.

Today we got news that the numbers and the settlement is delayed til early next week. Im tired, Im angry and Im upset. I have been trying to be positive as best as i can, I have been trying to just accept that we have to live like this for awhile but its getting harder and harder.

Im just tired of it all and it makes me just want to give up the fight. I think insurance companies count on that. The fact that people are so tired, so bogged down that they will accept whatever payout they give. And unless you know the insurance industry, you dont know what to ask for or fight for either. It gets overwheleming really quick.

I hope that God gets glory out of this whole mess but when Im struggling mightly to hold my head up, I wonder how that can be. I want to trust that God will work this all out for good but it is hard to see the forest for the trees.

I finally cried today. I think I have been so busy working thru life and the challenges we have right now that I havent really thought long and hard bout this. I kept putting some hope for the next deadline the insurance people woudl give us. Im tired of hearing oh saturday, or the end of the week or early next week. Im ready now, not tommorrow.

I do know this that God is good, that he isnt changed or shaken by this and that he holds us in the palm of his head. Im going to try and rest in that today

MJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home