Marie's Musings

Musings from the mundane day to day life of a mom of 9 to more serious ponderings of the day.

Monday, March 26, 2007

The room syndrome

We have a teenager in the house, whom shall remain nameless, who really likes to reside in her room. Most of the time I dont make much of a fuss about it, I figure its part of the age and not a big deal. The problem comes when she needs to be out of her room babysitting or doing some other activity.

Its increasingly become an issue and I am beyond frustrated with it. So my solution... not sure if it will help much ... is to ground her from her room. She will basically have to sleep in the living room, and will not be allowed in her room other than to get clothing. Shes even going to have to change in the bathroom. I guarantee this will cause some fireworks when I annouce this to her. I have tried various other ways of getting thru to her including punishments and with no success. I think Im starting with 3 days and 4 nights including tonite.

At this point, I dont want to give her own room, shes territorial bout the one she shares already. To the point of snapping at her siblings that try to enter, which is so not okay in my book. It makes the most logical sense in terms of room arrangement to do that but we have another kiddo who seeks solitude just as much as she does. So who knows on that front. But I most certainely will be reevaluating whether or not she gets her own room at this point.

Sometimes I wish I had a mom cave to hide in, a place I could go, where I didnt have to be the responsible one making these calls.

Thats all for now folks,
MJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home